If you love simple no-bake recipes using a few quality ingredients, you are going to love what we have for you today! Our Healthy No-Bake Holiday Dessert Recipes by our health coach Andrea Hood are easy to make and super good for you – so there is no need to feel guilty about indulging in dessert this holiday season. That’s right, dessert that is actually good for you! Who’s excited?!
Both the Milk Chocolate Truffles and Gingerbread Bites are raw, organic, vegan, gluten-free, and take approximately 5-10 minutes to make. Plus, they also contain protein and healthy fats, thanks to the nuts, and superfoods like coconut oil, cacao, and spices, so your body will glow from the inside out this holiday season. Bonus!
Healthy No-Bake Holiday Dessert Recipes: Mint Chocolate Truffles
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: none!
Makes approximately 16 Tablespoon sized truffles
- 1/2 cup raw organic almonds
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon pistachios, shells removed organic and raw if possible (I had trouble finding them)
- 1 cup fresh medjool dates, pits removed (found in your produce section)
- 3.5 Tablespoons raw organic cacao powder
- 1.5 Tablespoons virgin organic coconut oil
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil OR 1/4 teaspoon + 1 drop pure peppermint extract
- Place almonds, 1/2 cup of pistachios, 2 Tablespoons of cacao, and 2 drops of peppermint essential oil (or 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract) into a Vitamix, high speed blender, or food processor. Process until the mixture is in tiny pieces, with a consistency similar to flour.
- Add the dates to the Vitamix, blender, or processor, and process until they are in small pieces and are well incorporated into the flour mixture.
- Empty mixture to a medium sized bowl. Using a Tablespoon measuring scoop, take a Tablespoon of the mixture and use your hands to roll it into a ball. Repeat this process until all of the mixture is used, setting the balls onto a large plate. Note: If the mixture is not sticky enough to do this, you will need to add more dates. The fresh medjool dates work best for this recipe, however, if you are using sundried dates you will most likely need to add more to make the mixture more sticky.
- Place the coconut oil into a small glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until it is melted and in liquid form. Add 1.5 Tablespoons of cacao and 1 drop of peppermint oil or extract and whisk together with a fork until combined. Voila – melted raw chocolate!
- Use a fork to dip a ball into the glass bowl, evenly coating the ball with the melted chocolate. Place the ball back onto the plate. Repeat until all of the balls are covered in chocolate.
- Top with 1 Tablespoon crushed pistachio pieces.
- Put the plate in the refrigerator and store there until you are ready to serve the truffles. Note: the coconut oil will melt if it warms up, so it’s important to keep these stored in the fridge.
Healthy No-Bake Holiday Dessert Recipes: Gingerbread Bites
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: none!
Makes approximately 12 tablespoon-sized bites
- 1 cup fresh medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 cup organic almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place almonds and spices into a high-speed blender or food processor. Process on high until ingredients are a flour-like consistency.
- Add the dates to the blender/processor, and blend on medium to high until fully incorporated into the dry ingredients.
- Dump the mixture into a bowl. Take a tablespoon worth of the mixture in between your hands, rolling to form a ball. Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days. (If they can last that long!)
Enjoy your yummy Healthy No-Bake Holiday Dessert Recipes! Happy Holidays!